Monday, December 24, 2007

Why I love this time of year

Why I love this time of year

I remember why I love this time of year,
Talk of death and talk of fear
While others are filled with only cheer
Words of sadness fill your eye with a tear
Or cuts your heart like a spear
But for me things come through so clear
Voices whisper in my ear,
It’s called channeling my dear
An open vessel I become
By the darkness I succumb
Giving voices to those who have none

Spreading laughter
Spreading cheer
But my friend death is always near
For this I never fear
It’s their voices that I hear
This time each and every year
Hearts that no longer beat
Their journey now complete
Very seldom do we greet
A stranger walking down the street
Hearts & Hearths locked tight
Hiding in the heat
But it is ourselves that we cheat
For their wisdom is a treat


They come with the birth of the dusk
Offering that hint of scent of musk
Leaving a taste in your mouth like dust
Filling my heart with lust
It is them that I trust

For they have been the eyes and ears
Who has walked beyond the many years
Most miss their beauty blinded by their own human fears
I’ve been told that this is all wrong,
To sing such a sad and lonely song
Why can’t you just go along?
And learn to truly belong
But each and every year,
My heart begins to long
And each year they return,
Even more strong
Every year I wonder will this be the last
And each year they come in like a blast
Like a great spell was cast
Calling me into the great contrast
No longer do I feel like a great outcast
For their power is unsurpassed
No longer am I depressed,
No longer am I overly stressed
No longer that feeling of being possessed
Knowing I am not like all the rest
Makes me feel truly blessed

Mor`Inanna EagleSong© Dec 24th 2007

0 comments:

 

Greetings from the Underworld © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness