Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cry of the Winter Banshee`

Cry of the Winter Banshee`
Behold the beauty of a bare naked tree,
No leaves to muffle the cries of the winter banshee
Bitter and cold she blows through to my soul
Setting me free
In the frozen winter breeze
Snow falls like tiny stars from the sky
Standing in the deafening silence I can not deny
The winter banshee’s cry
She waits in the icy silence for my reply
Deep from within comes the long howling wind,
Breathe that rolls across the snow white seas
Like a fog, my soul I offer as a token
In hopes to appease
I turn back in a glance
To the beauty of the bare naked tree
And to my surprise it is foot prints that I see
Tracks I have left in the cold winter snow
finally I know
The wild and free beauty winter can bestow
Soon she will fade in the darkness of the night
And in her memory I will find delight
Standing in the silence and the only thing I see
Is the beauty of a bare naked tree
Mor`Inanna EagleSong © Dec. 16th 2007

0 comments:

 

Greetings from the Underworld © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness