Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Side of the road



The Side of the Road
I know of a place, by the side of the road
Where a lonely cross stands filled
With stories that go untold

Wild flower seeds I planted each one with care,
In hopes that they will soon bloom there
I watered them gently with each falling tear
Tears that will flow year after year

As each wild flower begins to grow
The gentle wind, away with sorrows it blows
Standing with bare feet, in the wet morning dew
Covering each tiny blade of grass,
I stand with my hands filled with the remains of shattered glass,

I watch the early morning sunrise
Dawn of a new day again arrives
A day to cry,
A day to heal
A day to remember I’m still alive

I know of a place by the side of the road
I heard the sound of the death calling crow,
The place of my son’s fatal blow
In a split second he was gone from this world
Into the wind his spirit swirled

A mother’s heart was sliced wide open
With the blade of the sharpest knife,
Remembering I gave him life,

With each rising moon, be full or be it dark
A healing journey I now walk,
A life never the same I am forced to embark

Through tearful eyes the world never looks quite the same,
I have to forgive, and I have let go of blame
For within me still burns the brightest flame

Dancing sparks of desires
A new guide I have now acquired
Until the day I to retire

To that place of the setting sun
Rejoined with my loving son
Together we still remain as one
As we each face a new journey that has just begun

He is learning to fly, and telling me not to cry
For he knows of a place, by the side of the road
Filled with stories, that will not go untold
My hand he still holds,
As he sparkles like gold
Even though he will never know of growing old

Mor`Inanna Eaglesong ©July 9, 2009

0 comments:

 

Greetings from the Underworld © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness